What are the best temp agencies to apply to in Portland? I'm looking for specifically non-profit or administrative work, but if it gets down to the wire I might be willing to do customer service or other things.
How was your experience with said company?
1. Does the Hawthorne Theatre lounge have wifi?
2. When is OMSI least busy (day of week, type of weather)?
3. Is the tilt-a-whirl still gone at Oaks Park? Is it ever coming back?
Do any of y'all get up early & drive east on I-84 from central portland? I'm hitchhiking to McCall, Idaho tomorrow and I would love some help getting out of town. Craigslist rideshare has failed me so far. Rides to gresham, hood river, la grande, pendleton, ontario, or all the way to McCall are all welcome. I can chip in a reasonable amount for gas and I want to be on the road before 8.
No serial killers, please.
I finally have insurance for the first time in my adult life :) I don't even know where to start looking for a doctor to go to though. I already have a dentist, referred by my boyfriend, but nobody I know has a Primary Care Physician. Any suggestions? I'm a healthy 20-year-old, maybe a little bit of a hypochondriac now that I'll have a means to pay for anything. Male or female, doesn't matter. I live in Vancouver, so anywhere up there is a plus :) Just a nice doc, with a sense of humor. I also need a Gyn, so suggestions there are helpful as well. TIA!
So this is totally random, but I just set up skype on my new laptop and since it's a new download my settings are all different now! Random people keep asking me to add them! I have all of my settings set to "only talk to people on my contacts list", but for some reason this means that I can still be "added" by random internet people.
I don't want to be added by random internet people!
The skype website simply says to do what I did, but I'm still getting "Conversations" from random people! How do I turn it off?!
Does anybody know where I can get 35mm color film developed on the cheap? I have a ton of film I'd like to get processed, but I can't seem to find anything in Portland for less than 9 bucks a roll.
Make my Blackberry yell "E-MAIL" lots and tell me where I can play some free pool. I don't mind buying a beer or two to play some free pool. One requirement is the tables must be regulation sized. I don't like playing on barroom tables. As usual, have TriMet, will travel.
I had two different debates with two different friends recently, and I wanted the self-righteous yet also rational opinions of DP:
1) If you go to a restaurant and order a coke and get one, but the server doesn't come to take your order for another 25 minutes and you decide to leave, should you pay for the drink? I think that you should, my friend said that for items such as fountain drinks it doesn't matter and it's their fault anyway.
2) Should homeless people be able to go through your recyclables ever, or under certain circumstances? We saw a guy going through someone's on the street laid out for the trash tomorrow, and then coincidentally as I walked up to my house today a homeless person was halfway up my driveway (so NOT on the street because ours doesn't come until Tuesday) digging through my trash. Even though I know the guy didn't mean trouble, it's sort of violating having someone trespass on your property and be scared when you catch them in the act, and being able to walk through your door at any time (I had run to the corner store for 3 minutes).
I'm on my feet a lot at work, and I am definitely in need of some new shoes. The ones I have really suck. I've been told to get New Balance, but they all look kind of ugly to me. :/
What sort of shoes would you guys recommend?
And if you're interested in where I work, it's a hospital kitchen. Oh, and I hate Crocs and anything similar to them.
So my buddy got a bee sting on the back of his head. We've not found a stinger, but it's swelled up like an oblong pimple. Do we pop it? Ice it? He's already had the benedryl. What say you oh omniscient DP?
let's say you have a friend from another country or state coming to visit portland for a while.
where would you take them?
i think i'd try seattle before exploring portland with them. i can't specify any exact places because i suck like that.
what say you?
Sorry for the second post in one day, but I'm interested:
What kind of text alerts do you receive on your cell phone? I get:
The Weather Channel alerts
*I'm not talking about the sound your phone makes, lol;)