If you own an xbox360, you are a casual. Same with the wii.
ESPECIALLY WII FIT, damn fatties.
ok. i've been on the phone with the washington board of cosmetology for the last 30 minutes trying to find the right button that will let me talk to a human being.
has anyone gotten an esthetician license transferred from oregon to washington know the process? did you just have to fill out the application and pay the fee's or did you have to practical too?
i've already taken the national exam, but i've been licensed for years, the idea of practicals seems absurd.
got it. its a baffling ordeal involving months of my time and copious amounts of money.
i curse the bastards who keep shooting down a national system.
anyone know where i can get a copy of yesterday's Register-Guard paper?
Where is that place again where I can get cheesy classic stuff like really long slide/adjustable belts and Dickies and the like?
My pup needs to get a tooth pulled. I'm off of Burnside & 28th, but will be all over town for the next couple days...
I have a Minolta Maxxum 3000i with what I can only assume is a stock lens. Is this worth anything to anyone?
I also have a Samsung point-and-shoot film camera. Obviously, this is worth absolutely nothing to anyone. Where can I take it to be recycled?
Thank you for your time/interest.
Non-LJ friends are planning a road trip to the Bay Area f at the end of the month. They want to camp with the kids one night on the way down and one night on the way back.
Does anyone have any suggestions for campsites between here and there - preferably near the Redwoods or in one of the National Parks? Anything they MUST check out along the route?
Of course, most things would be filled up by now, but it's worth a try.
Best place to get a steak in the Tigard/Beaverton area?
I need to have a very simple ring made with some stones I have. Any suggestions as to someplace inexpensive that will still do a good job? I have a huge list of places to check thanks to google, but I'd love a personal recommendation.
Well the subject line says it all. I have a bunch of random questions, totally not related to one another. However, if you can make them related, you win.....a sparkling magic pony. Use of alliteration and really bad metaphors are highly encouraged.
1) I finally have health insurance (hooorah!) through Providence. It is high time I get myself checked out. It's been a sadly long time since having done so and seriously I've forgotten where to begin. Do I go to a general practitioner first? OBGYN first? Where do I start? And does anyone have any personal recommendations for female doctors of either kind that are covered under Providence. I'll also be looking for a dermatologist (I think those are covered under my plan...) so recs for that would be much appreciated as well
2) I'm in charge of arranging catering for my company's quarterly meeting and we've decided on Thai. We're looking to have food for 20 people or so. Any personal recommendations for your favorite Thai place? I've gone through citysearch and yelp but I'm looking for more trusted reviews. If you've ever had the place cater something or make food for that many people, all the better. I'm thinking of having some pad thai, a curry, and maybe some spring rolls and/or another appetizer or desert.
3) Favorite place in the city to get a facial that's in a very spa-like atmosphere? (i.e. not interested in going to a school, etc. as I want a really super duper relaxing time) Details please - why'd you like it, what'd they do to you, etc. I know I asked this a few months back, but it never wound up happening and LJseek is le sucky apparently.
And a few fun facts for the day:
- There are more plastic flamingos in the US than real ones
- President Lincoln's dog was assassinated as well (though at a different time)
- Snickers is the number one candy bar bought from vending machines
- I am excited about the prospect of actual thunderstorms
I've lived in Portland all (24 years of) my life, and for the first time ever, I'm considering moving.
Where should I go? I'm open.