1. (Relatively) warm evenings that are ideal for riverfront walks. Strolling along the Waterfront Marina, with the lights-covered boats docked at the marina, was just so lovely. And the view of the cityscape from the Eastbank Esplanade was just as gorgeous.
2. Soothing classical music to listen to while being stuck in the traffic on the Interstate. What would I do without KBPS All Classical
on the radio?
3. Driving around on a dark and stormy evening (couple of weeks ago) while listening to creepy yet atmospheric organ music of the Pipedreams
syndicated radio program. I can be such an organ addict sometimes.
4. Seeing a faint rainbow to the east on Saturday afternoon. For some reason, rainbows make me smile.
5. Recently attending a vegan (*drinks*) potluck hosted by a fellow DPer, and meeting couple of awesome DPers in real-life.
6. The annual Peacock Lane
lights in SePo. Even if the weather is less than cooperative, the details of the lightwork and decor are best taken in when walking (not driving) along the street, in my experience.
7. Reminding me of having faith in humanity: seeing a stranger take time out of his day to help a mobility-challenged pedestrian cross a busy pedestrian crossing on Park Blocks. I can always learn something about kindness.
8. The UPS Customer Service pickup window at Swan Island being open on Saturdays during the holiday season.
9. Friendly and knowledgeable staff at the Bike Gallery in downtown. As a clueless newbie at bike tire tube repairing, it feels nice not being treated like a clueless newbie when shopping for parts.
10. Window-shopping at a piano store in downtown
on my way to work. There is something lovely about longingly looking at grand pianos. Maybe in 10 years, I shall wake up to the sight of a baby grand piano every day.
11. Receiving an unexpected voicemail from a fellow DPer alerting me to the upcoming Howard Jones show at the Aladdin Theater
next month (Sunday, January 27th)! I am truly excited about the show!