1. 5th Avenue Street Fair
in Old Town this evening from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. I may go check this event tonight. I wonder how much of First Thursday crowd would be spilling over? The downtown area may be festive tonight.
2. Hottest Day of the Year Ride
community ride this Sunday. Even though I will be out of town during the ride, I look forward to seeing pictures of the planned "world record of the largest water fight ever recorded" afterward. I love Portland quirkiness.
3. Recently-installed on-street barricaded bicycle parking "islands" on SE Belmont Avenue and on North Mississippi Avenue.
4. Experiencing the intimate and cozy performance settings at the Mississippi Studios
earlier this week. The experience was quite unique.
5. Seeing an advert list in Tuesday's Portland Tribune about "101 Things to do in Montavilla"--although I am not familiar with that part of the city, seeing a list like this gives me ideas and inspirations for new adventures and explorations! Despite my misgivings about certain aspects of "Avenue of Roses," it sounds like there are viable things to explore in the historical neighborhood.
6. Bonding with a damnportlanders
friend over delicious desserts at Pix Patisserie
--the ice cream social with lavender and candied citrus ice cream, with port-soaked fig topping was divine.
7. Spending a weekday evening in company of many damnportlanders
folks for a birthday drink gathering. It is very encouraging to know that I have met my diverse yet social group of DP (and non-DP) friends in so many ways over the years--from work, the local music scene, by sharing similar interests, etc.), and through other friends. Some of the folks I have known for just several months, while others I have known for over a decade. I have always noticed the friendly Portland vibe ever since I have lived here. And I am also very grateful for messages and posts from other DPers who could not attend the drink gathering.
8. The wonderful staff at Maiden In The Mist
for the free shot of whiskey on the house last night. Their food was pretty tasty too (yay for vegan Crispy Tempeh Strips with spicy banana sauce!). *drinks*