A few updates for Plunderathon!
1) A local liquor rep signed on to arrange for, how should I put this . . . big Vats O' Grog. Cheaper than usual. Plus at least one venue is offering $1 beers.
2) There will be a Pirate rock band (Sunken Chest) at one stop
3) The night ends at the Fez, with an 80's cover band (no charge to get in if you are with Plunderathon, no charge to get into ANYplace during Plunderathon, no charge to participate in Plunderathon. Not that we would turn down money or anything)
4) There has been mention of "Promo Girls," for what that's worth
5) We seem to have a wikipedia entry now http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plunderathon
6) The website has been update/fixed/probably more broken than before http://www.plunderathon.org
7) the record for the pirate coming from farthest away for the event is currently some dude in Michigan
8) No ninjas have been heard from in weeks. Pussies.
9) The streetship H.M.S. Venture may be in the Starlight Parade this weekend as a test-run. We probably won't be firing off the cannon at the parade (but I may give in to temptation). But there is a cannon. It shoots condoms and chocolate coins.
10) For the last time, Plunderathon has nothing to do with Pirates of the Carribean. Portland Piracy predates that movie franchise. I swear at least one person is going to reply to this post with "enough of trend-of-the-minute pirate crap already!"
11) Dinner will be on the roof of a building downtown.
12) There is crap to buy on cafepress if you want it. Link is on the plunderathon website. All stuff is marked up only one penny, 'case we don't actually care if you buy it. Worth a look though, since one of the items is a "douchebag hat" and the rest have varying degrees of funny in the description. Varying from "low" to "abysmal."
That is all.
-Dave The Horrible