Yay! That is all.
Have you EVER been ticketed on the streetcar?
My rents are freaking out that I ride the Streetcar with no ticket (yes, OUTSIDE the 3/4 of the track that is fareless), but I SWEAR I've never been ticketed and neither has anyone I know. I've bought one ONCE and the tickets are the size of fortune cookie messages (in bed), I showed it to a bus driver as a ticket and he just made a whatthefuck face and let me on.
So, DPers, have you EVER been ticketed on the streetcar?
I am thankful that those racers (and non-racers) came out of those situations without life-threatening harm. May they live to race, or not race, another day. For those who show up to race next year, I'll see you in the pits. Everyone else, I'll blast you with water on the way down.
Another great Soapbox race...another great time. See ya next year.
i will be down thereabouts next weekend, wondered if anyone here knows what the capacity of the nearby campground is like? fees apply? if camping spots are full, is there anything close, on the reservoir, or in the vicinity? thanks a dozen, DPers!
This may have been posted on here before...I'm not sure, but I'll link it again.
PostSecret is a community/blog spot where people send in their secrets on postcards. Sounds pretty simple, but the artwork and honesty that is put into each and every one is amazing. It makes my eyes tear up, frequently makes me smile and really lets me sit back and realize that, even though we are all so different, we are all the same. And the people that write in and tell their story and release that pain are amazing.
And even if you don't believe every single secret that is posted on there and people are doing it for attention, that says something about the person too. That their lives are somewhat in turmoil...or they deal with shattered dreams and pain rules the day - there's something to be said for it.
Anyways...check it out. Updated every week. There's a book coming out in December as well.
Have a great one DP!
just your friendly reminder :)
Did anyone else get a call like this, or hear about this? It's weird they asked for me at my mom's number, since my name wouldn't be listed there.
I also have a dresser, four or five drawers that is white. It's just a generic wood dresser and does have some scratches as well. Both would be fun painting projects and look really good. If anyone wants them I'm trying to give them away before Friday the 26th. I can't work a digital camera for the life of me but if you really want pix maybe I can figure something out. I could probably deliver the dresser but the shelves are too big. Comment if interested!
Dennis, of the Commodore and of local theater fame, passed away this April.
If you don't know who I'm talking about, ignore me, but I know there have to be some lives in this community that this man touched in some way.
How could you do that???? It was a pet! Now what am I going to tell my neighbors when they get home? Oh, hey, someone killed your chicken while you were gone.
You piece of shit.
Hey, DPers, does anyone know the best route from downtown to Aloha on horseback? I know the bus routes, but I don't think that will work. I would like to get this mare home tonight by nightfall. Thanks in advance!
5. "I am moving to Portland from (some wretched city in the midwest or California.) I don't have a job, friends, housing, transportation, or savings. I will be arriving by Greyhound in 24 hours...does anyone have a couch I could crash on, know of any jobs in environmental bagel-making, have an old car I could borrow, or know of a cool place where I could hang out and party with people 21 or under??? I prefer housing that costs less than $200 a month and is located in the Pearl district. I am moving because I heard Portland is TEH KEWL!!!!111!!!!1!!!1"
4. "Bicyclists annoy me! Stupid cyclists!" Tied with "Cars annoy me! Stupid drivers!"
3. "I'm renting a room in inner SE. Rent on your bedroom and shared bathroom and kitchen is $700 a month. You must be pagan, vegan, pansexual, polyamorous, green party, left-handed-friendly, cat loving, organic green tea only no coffee, no hard drugs, weed-friendly, tolerant of smokers, under the age of thirty, and OK with wild house parties that last until 4 am every Thursday."
2. "It's Saturday night and I am BORED...what should I do? Where should I go with my colorful entourage of friends?"
1. "It's Saturday night and I'm BORED plus I am underaged...what is there to do in Portland after 12 am for me and my colorful entourage of friends?"
"How do I get from downtown to Aloha on horseback??"
Add your own.
anyone here have any advice? experiences bad or good they can share?