I would like to join a gym and I am looking for recommendations.
- I live in Hillsboro, so west side is ideal, but I take classes at PSU four days a week, so I will consider places reasonably near downtown.
- I would like someplace where the concept of customer service is not completely foreign to them.
- I am not really a workout-savvy person, so I need somewhere where someone will answer my questions about how to use the machines. A five minute tour of the facility does not qualify, and I would prefer not to pay $400 extra to get this information.
- Late hours are ideal, since I am a night owl. And by late, I at least need a place that is open until 9 or 10 most nights, but the later the better.
- Rock walls, saunas, pools, basketball, racquetball and the like are cool but not necessary.
- I am not rich, so reasonably priced is helpful.
- Also, the given stuff like: clean, safe, etc.
Am I dreaming? Or does anyone have any suggestions?
If you hate gyms (or I guess even if you don't), what do you do to keep in shape? And how do you stay motivated?