it's the quiet ones you have to watch out for (rachelkj) wrote in damnportlanders,
it's the quiet ones you have to watch out for

Birth certificates

So with that last post, another identity change question for folks born in Washington (like me). I need to get my birth certificate amended to change my name & sex, and I can't find any official documentation on how the hell to do that. I know it's been done. I have my name changed on all my other legal documentation, & pretty soon I'll have a letter from a surgeon saying that I've had irreversible surgery, which I hear is what I need. But do I just stuff a bunch of documents in a bottle and float it down a river to Olympia? Do I have to contact the city I was born in (Spokane)? How does this business work?

Changing a brith certificate seems wierd to me, but as far as I can tell it's the only path to changing my passport. Also, I don't know where the hell my old birth certificate is.

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded